AT A GLANCE.
BMW Shortfall Insurance helps protect you against losing out financially if your car is written off or stolen. Car insurers will generally pay you the market value of your car at the time it is written off. With BMW Shortfall Insurance you are covered for the difference between this market value and the higher amount, of either:
- The car insurer's settlement figure and the vehicle invoice price, or
- The car insurer's settlement figure and the outstanding amount due under your finance agreement for the insured vehicle.
- Immediate cover for new and Approved Used BMWs, with no mileage limit, up to an invoice price £120,000.
- Cover available for 1, 2, 3 or 4 years.
- Pay for your policy up front or in 12 interest free monthly instalments.
- If your car insurer provides a replacement car following a write-off in the first 12 months, we'll transfer the cover that's left on your Shortfall policy to the replacement car at no extra cost.
- We'll also pay up to £500 to cover any excess you have to pay as part of this motor insurance claim, for the full duration of this policy.
- Unlimited cover for retailer-fitted options and accessories.
- Paint and fabric protection products, included in the invoice price, are covered.
- In the event of a total loss, our experienced BMW Protect Services team will be on hand to guide you through the claims process.
Terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Please note, you must not accept your motor insurer's settlement figure until you have contacted our claims department.